Step One: Set up YuJa (one time only)
- Log in to eLearning
- Click on YuJa in the Navigation bar to access the Dashboard.
- Click on Create Recording.
- Click on Download.
- Allow the program to download and then open it. You may have to enable pop-ups or check your downloads folder. If it still doesn’t seem to download, check for an email from YuJa with further directions. Note: It may not download properly if you haven’t been on campus since mid-August.
Note: To log in outside of eLearning visit www.delta.yuja.com and log in with Delta SSO credentials. All the remaining steps (starting with #3 above) should be the same.
Step Two: Record a video
- Open YuJa Software Capture (either from your computer’s apps or from D2L).
- Give your video a title.
- Organize your video in a folder.
- Set up Video, Audio, and Screen preferences and save them in your Profile as default.
- Click Start to begin the recording.
- Click Stop to End recording and then click Save.
- Your video may take a few minutes to render before you can access and edit through the Dashboard in D2L.
Step Three: Edit media
- Open the YuJa Dashboard in D2L.
- Hover over the video you want to edit until the options window pops up. Select Edit. The video editor will launch in a new tab.
- Use the tools to make desired edits. Watch this short overview of the Video Editor tools.
- Check the captions for accuracy.
Step Four: Put media in course content
- In your content module, click Add Existing Activities and scroll to YuJa at the bottom.
- Scroll down in the pop-up window to search for and select your Media.
- Alternatively, embed videos into a news item. Create a News Item and then select Insert Stuff.
- Select YuJa from the bottom.
- Search for and Select your Media.
YuJa has a fantastic support center. Search to get your question answered or send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses are typically same day.