What is it?
- Have the students gather in a circle. Each student should have a place holder with them, such as a pencil case, shoe, or book.
- Start with one student in the middle of the circle.
- Have the student state his/her name and something that he/she likes.
- When the student is done speaking, all of the students from the circle that like the same thing must go find a new spot in the circle. Students cannot move to a spot that is next to their placeholder.
- The last student without a spot will become the new student in the middle.
Why use it?
This provides a quick movement break during a long period of sitting. It allows students to make connections with other students who have similar or different experiences.